Global Members by Age and Gender
Americas Members by Race and Ethnicity
All ULI Staff by Age
VP and Above
All ULI Staff by Gender
VP and Above
All Americas Staff by Race and Ethnicity
VP and Above
- Unless otherwise stated, the data in this report is current as of October 31, 2020 (Q2 2021).
- Member data used in this report is self-reported by members via their profiles in netFORUM, ULI’s system of record. This data is provided as part of the join and/or renewal processes.
- ULI began requiring members to provide race and ethnicity data in December 2019 and as a result there remain significant gaps in our records. Where ULI has statistically significant data samples (e.g. for U.S. membership as a whole) the charts reflect the breakdown of data that exists. In the interests of transparency, for smaller groups (e.g. leadership groups) the gaps in data have been left in the sample size. ULI sees getting statistically significant sample sizes as a priority and urges its members to complete their member profiles with this information. A chart showing our progress to date is included in this report.
- Data relating to race and ethnicity for membership at large is only captured in the United States. However, to provide a picture of ULI’s global leadership, member leaders outside of the U.S. were contacted and asked to provide information on race and ethnicity based on the criteria used in the U.S. census.
- Staff data is supplied by employees at the time of joining ULI and/or updated on-demand and is kept by ULI’s HR department.
This report provides data on the demographics of ULI’s leadership groups. The following definitions have been used in compiling this data:
Global Board of Directors
The Global Board of Directors is the principal policy-making body of ULI and has the responsibility for managing the property, affairs, and strategic direction of the organization and for oversight of all fiscal, management, and legal operations and activities.
ULI Foundation Board of Directors
The ULI Foundation Board of Directors is the principal policy-making body of the ULI Foundation and is responsible for the strategic direction of the organization in alignment with ULI’s purposes.
Global Governing Trustees
The Global Governing Trustees serve as the high-level leadership group of ULI, responsible for representing and serving as the voice of the broad and diverse membership in substantive matters facing ULI in the execution of its mission.
Each of ULI’s three operating regions has an Executive Committee of members that oversees ULI’s work in the region— Americas Executive Committee, Asia Pacific Executive Committee and Europe Executive Committee.
National and District Council Leadership
This is group includes the chairs, vice chairs, treasurers, membership chairs and chairs for mission advancement across ULI’s District and National Councils.
Americas Product Council Leadership
This group includes the chairs, vice chairs, and assistant chairs across ULI’s Americas Product Councils.