Established in 1936, the Institute is made up of more than 40,000 members worldwide, representing the entire spectrum of the land use and development disciplines. Professionals represented include developers, builders, property owners, investors, architects, public officials, planners, real estate brokers, appraisers, attorneys, engineers, financiers, academics, students, and librarians.
ULI relies heavily on the experience of its members. It is through member involvement and information resources that the Institute has been able to set standards of excellence in development practice. ULI has long been recognized as one of the world’s most respected and widely quoted sources of objective information on urban planning, growth, and development.
ULI is committed to:
- bringing together leaders from across the fields of real estate and land use policy to exchange best practices and serve community needs
- fostering collaboration within and beyond ULI’s membership through mentoring, dialogue, and problem solving
- exploring issues of urbanization, conservation, regeneration, land use, capital formation, and sustainable development
- advancing land use policies and design practices that respect the uniqueness of both the built and natural environments
- sharing knowledge through education, applied research, publishing, and electronic media
- sustaining a diverse global network of local practice and advisory efforts that address current and future challenges